Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) & Mindfulness in Everyday Life
Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present; any time you are experiencing moments via your senses or are aware of your state of mind, you are being mindful. Mindfulness is centered on improving your ability to be aware of where you are, what you are doing, and to become less reactive or overwhelmed by what is going on around you. Research shows that when you train your brain to be more Mindful it rewires the brain and improves your way of life. Mindfulness can reduce anxiety and depression, decrease chronic pain, elevate mood, and boost the immune system.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Intensive experiential Mindfulness program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Eight weekly two-and-half hour group sessions
- one full-day silent retreat to integrate the skills you have mastered
- small class size (limited to 25 participants)
Mindfulness in Everyday Life
- Abridged Mindfulness group training containing all key elements of the MBSR program
- Six weekly one-and-half hour group sessions
- Half-day silent retreat to integrate the skills you have mastered
- Small class size (limited to 25 participants)
Facilitator: Dr. Debra Romberger trained with Center for Mindfulness with the UMASS Medical School and is a Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Instructor. Dr Romberger also has maintained a private in Allentown for over twenty years as a Psychotherapist and is looking forward to bringing Mindfulness to WE Yoga.